History

1961 GWS Tiger lawn
History

Gardiner W. Spring Auditorium: 1939

Gardiner W. Spring Auditorium, designed by architects Allison and Allison of Los Angeles, was constructed at a cost of $444,000: a Public Works administration grant of $199,800; a Chaffey bond issue of $195,000 (to be paid over 10 years); and $42,200 from the general school fund.

History

CHS Principals from 1950 to 1990

Dr. David O. Stine, 1984 – 1988, Karen B. Dunn, 1988 – 1990 (1st female CHS Principal), Ernest A. Payne 1950 – 1967, Cleo D. Martin 1967 – 1972, Dr. Fred C. Adams 1972 – 1984, Dr. Barry W. Cadwallader 1990 – 1993

History

Tower Hall, a bit of history

CHS alumni remember that the clock and chimes were operating in the 1960s, but at some time – perhaps in the 1980s – stopped functioning. Attempts over the years to fix the clocks and chimes were unsuccessful until June 2016 when the clock and chime assembly was replaced with a new, digital model.

History of the Chaffey High School Alumni Association

The Chaffey High School Alumni Association was founded in 1974 while Dr. Fred C. Adams was principal. He saw the possibility that an alumni organization could assist the high school in providing educational services to the community and providing a bridge between current students and alumni.

History

History of Chaffey High School

Although Chaffey College remained a draw to attract settlers, it ceased to exist when USC readjusted its affairs. A school district was organized in 1901 and Ontario High School students used the college buildings while a new high school building was constructed.